A tree went down on the electric line knocking out the power to the main sump sump and the battery on the backup sump pump failed during the night. By morning there was 6 inches of water in the basement. We removed the wet carpet, bottom 12″ of drywall, soggy insulation and began the repair. The ceramic floor tiles were installed on Schluter Systems Ditra. The old battery powered backup pump was replaced with a water powered backup pump. Finally, a very loud alarm was placed in the sump well should the water level rise above the backup pump float switch.
A circle of discolored vinyl flooring growing outward from the toilet signaled a leaky wax ring. Left alone, the floor would eventually rot away, but fortunately it was caught in time. The old toilet, vanity, and vinyl were removed. The problem with the old toilet flange was found and remedied. A couple shut-off valves were replaced, and a problem with the sink drain where it entered the wall was fixed. Then new vinyl, vanity and low flush toilet were installed to complete this bathroom repair and remodel.
I bought my Sears Craftsman table saw in 1979 and the bearings are going out. I checked with Sears for a new set and there were $52 plus shipping. That’s too much for bearings. So I checked with Ebay and they were $10 with free shipping. Not only that, the seller has sold 334 sets of these bearings. I wonder if Sears knows how overpriced they are.